Welcome to Coral Strand Hotel | 4*
#TAG Holiday Package ID #HF8842
Seychelles – Mahe
7 Nights from
R23380 per person sharing
Location is what sets this hotel apart. It has a truly prime position right on the Beau Vallon Bay beachfront. Really vibey, with lots of action, the atmosphere is friendly and informal.
The beachfront bar and restaurant are lively places to socialise while watching the sun go down. Mahek’s a la carte Indian Restaurant is an institution on the island and a must for anyone who enjoys a good curry, or try Coral Asia which offers some really tasty sushi. If you are looking for a romantic experience on a starlit night, visit the hotel’s very own observatory!
One hundred and fifteen coral and granite islands rising up out of the Indian Ocean – this is the Seychelles! A dream come true – calm azure waters, deserted beaches, tropical paradise and turquoise lagoons. This string of islands offers sparkling white sandy beaches and coral reefs bustling with sea life. The flora and fauna are unique, the mountains are covered in lush vegetation, and the landscape offers a stunning and multi-faceted panorama.
The first European to pass through the Seychelles was Portuguese Admiral Vasco da Gama in 1502, followed by the English in 1609. A transit point for trade between Africa and Asia, the islands were used by pirates until 1756, when the French took control, laying down their “Stone of Possession” (visible today at the museum in Mahé) and naming the islands after Jean Moreau de Séchelles. Britain and France fought over the islands from the late 18th to early 19th century, with Britain finally gaining control in 1814. Achieving independence from Britain in 1976, the Seychelles today is a true success story of people who claim origins from all over the world and live together with an unusual and inspiring degree of harmony in diversity.
Seychelles’ 115 islands fall under two distinct groups; the outstandingly beautiful granitic islands, the world’s only oceanic islands of granitic rock and coral islands fringed by white sandy beaches and encircled by coral reefs teaming with fish.
The three most popular islands in the Seychelles archipelago are Mahé, Praslin, and La Digue. Home to 98% of the Seychelles’ population, these three are clustered in the archipelago’s northeast area known as the Inner Island group. Mahé and Praslin are Seychelles’ largest islands (nearby Silhouette Island is larger than La Digue, but less populated), and all three are granitic (versus coral). The Inner Islands also include other popular islands to visit, such as Denis, Bird, Silhouette, and North.
Seychelles’ enviable climate is always warm and without extremes. In this tropical haven, the temperature seldom drops below 24°C or rises above 32°C making Seychelles a year round destination for sun worshippers and beach lovers. During the north-west trade winds that occur between the October and March, the sea is generally calm and the weather warm and humid, in January and February the islands receive their life-giving rains, rejuvenating the rivers and streams. From May to September the weather is cooler and drier with livelier seas – particularly on the south-eastern coasts.
16 February 2019 – 17 March 2019
31 Dec 2018
Included in the price:
- Return flights to the Seychelles
- Return resort transfers
- 7 nights accommodation in a Coral Standard Mountain View Room
- Breakfast daily
- All taxes, levies & surcharges (estimate)
- 30% Early Bird Discount included – Book and pay 40 days prior to departure
- Upgrade to Full Board from R4 200 pp
- All travel offers are capacity controlled and are thus subject to availability at the time of reservation
- Prices advertised exclude all services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Prices advertised exclude any meals, drinks, tips, surcharges, levies and other costs not mentioned in the inclusions
- Self-drive rates exclude flights and car hire
- Passport & visa costs (if applicable) & items of a personal nature are also not included in the advertised price, unless otherwise stated
- Prices advertised are subject to change without prior notice due to airfare increases and changes in the currency rate-of-exchange
- All travel offers are governed by specific terms and conditions of sale, which include advance purchase restrictions, minimum stay requirements, block-out travel periods and peak season surcharges
- Booking, change and cancellation conditions apply
- All advertised prices are on a per person sharing basis unless otherwise specified
- Standard terms and conditions apply
- Prices advertised are correct at time of publishing and subject to increase or decrease should the currency fluctuate or tarriffs alter
- Extra nights may be required at passenger expense due to flight schedules
- Travel insurance is not included in the advertised price but is strongly recommended
- All advertised prices for the travel offers vary by date, departure city, and availability.