Welcome to Reunion Island
#TAG Holiday Package ID #PP-TH2249542
7 Nights from
R14 375 per person sharing
Right in the heart of the Indian Ocean, 800 km east of Madagascar, Réunion Island, together with Mauritius and Rodrigues, forms the Archipelago of Mascareignes.
It is like a mountain resting on the surface of the Indian Ocean, just like the Piton des Neiges, rising to 3,069 meters. An active volcano, the famous Piton de la Fournaise wakes up periodically, and you can admire the magnificence of the lava flow in total safety.
Réunion offers an infinite number of amazing sites and contrasting landscapes:
- Green Réunion, with its primitive forests and three large natural cirques: Mafate, which you can only reach by hiking along a trail; Salazie, a wonderland of waterfalls and rivers in the midst of lush vegetation; Cilaos, with an unexpected alpine village nestled on the side of the mountain.
- Blue Réunion, with the lagoons of Saint-Gilles, Saint-Leu and Saint-Pierre.
- Golden Réunion, with 30km of golden sandy beaches along the coastline cooled by the wind.
- Multicolored Réunion, with its explosions of rich colors in the gardens full of tropical flowers, and its Creole huts.
A natural stadium for sports and leisure activities, Réunion provides more than 70 activities, from 40m under the sea to more than 3,000m up in the air. You can explore the heights on horseback, mountain bike or ATV, go hiking on one of the 1,000 km of marked trails, go paragliding, take helicopter or ULM flights above the majestic mountains, go surfing on the famous spots at Saint-Gilles, or fish for blue marlin and yellow-fin tuna.
Finally, at the crossroads of several continents, Réunion will delight you with the natural, warm welcome of a rainbow population, and the variety of its Creole cuisine. The local food’s spicy flavors, from curry to rougaille, will gratify even the most gourmet appetites.
01 Jan – 30 Sept 2019
What’s included in the deal?
- Return flights from Johannesburg to Reunion on Air Austral including airline levy
- 7 Days car hire
- 7 Nights accommodation
- Breakfast daily
- DAY 1: ST-DENIS – ST-GILLES
- DAY 2: ST-GILLES – CILAOS
- DAY 3: CILAOS – ST-PIERRE
- DAY 4: VOLCAN – ST-PIERRE
- DAY 5: ST-PIERRE- SALAZIE
- DAY 6: SALAZIE – ST-GILLES
- DAY 7: ST-GILLES
- DAY 8: ST-GILLES – ST DENIS
- Travel Insurance
- Meals not specified
- Items of a personal nature
- All travel offers are capacity controlled and are thus subject to availability at the time of reservation
- Prices advertised exclude all services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Prices advertised exclude any meals, drinks, tips, surcharges, levies and other costs not mentioned in the inclusions
- Self-drive rates exclude flights and car hire
- Passport & visa costs (if applicable) & items of a personal nature are also not included in the advertised price, unless otherwise stated
- Prices advertised are subject to change without prior notice due to airfare increases and changes in the currency rate-of-exchange
- All travel offers are governed by specific terms and conditions of sale, which include advance purchase restrictions, minimum stay requirements, block-out travel periods and peak season surcharges
- Booking, change and cancellation conditions apply
- All advertised prices are on a per person sharing basis unless otherwise specified
- Standard terms and conditions apply
- Prices advertised are correct at time of publishing and subject to increase or decrease should the currency fluctuate or tarriffs alter
- Extra nights may be required at passenger expense due to flight schedules
- Travel insurance is not included in the advertised price but is strongly recommended
- All advertised prices for the travel offers vary by date, departure city, and availability.