Welcome Aboard the River Queen
Classic Christmas Markets Frankfurt to Nuremberg
7 Nights from
R41 900 per person sharing
One of the most unique ships cruising Europe’s waterways, the River Queen has an exterior resembling the steamships of the 1930s and an elegant Art Deco interior. Decorated in richly textured blue and white fabrics—with marble bathrooms and inspiring artwork—River Queen is a sublime floating hotel designed with your every comfort in mind. River Queen was rated the #1 ship in the entire cruise industry (both river and ocean) in the 2012 Conde´ Nast Traveller Readers’ Cruise Poll.
A journey that will make you believe in holiday magic all over again!
Once upon a time, people gathered on cobblestone squares to buy the special tools and ingredients they needed to make the treats of the season. They kept warm with hot spiced wine, music and games while they shopped and chatted with the local tradesmen. Those were the first Christmas markets, 500 years ago. Today, though the light comes from twinkling electric bulbs rather than torches, bonhomie and fun still prevail.
Discover villages with fairytale houses and a friendly, festive atmosphere. Share traditional holiday goodies with the people who made them. Watch as modern children abandon their usual electronics and discover the enchantment of hand-carved wooden toys, as scents of cinnamon and roasting nuts fill the air. Sail through Christmas country, trying Frankfurt’s famous apple cider, Bamberg’s specially brewed holiday beer and Nuremberg’s gingerbread. Throughout, cosy up to steaming mugs of glühwein (warm spiced wine) and do as the locals do by collecting different mugs from each stall and town you visit. Embrace the holiday spirit in Germany, the land where many Christmas traditions began, and find the magic of the season in the smiles that you meet along the way.
Who will enjoy this cruise
Those wanting to experience the quintessential magic of the holidays while shopping for one-of-a-kind treasures and discovering the legends behind some of our most popular holiday traditions.
Generations Family Programme (select sailing)
Share the magic of a European holiday with the special young people in your life on this multigenerational “Classic Christmas Markets” cruise filled with lots of family holiday merrymaking.
Rivers: Rhine River,Danube River,Moselle River,Main River
Suites: 4 (215 sq ft)
Staterooms: 60 (151 sq ft)
2018/12/21 Departure Date
Included in the price:
• 7-night cruise in a riverview stateroom
• All meals onboard, prepared using the finest and freshest ingredients
• Free Internet and Wi-Fi access
• Unlimited beverages onboard, including fine wine, beer, spirits, soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, and mineral water
• Welcome and Farewell Gala Dinners
• Flights and taxes
• Visas (if required)
• Anything of a personal nature
- All travel offers are capacity controlled and are thus subject to availability at the time of reservation
- Prices advertised exclude all services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Prices advertised exclude any meals, drinks, tips, surcharges, levies and other costs not mentioned in the inclusions
- Self-drive rates exclude flights and car hire
- Passport & visa costs (if applicable) & items of a personal nature are also not included in the advertised price, unless otherwise stated
- Prices advertised are subject to change without prior notice due to airfare increases and changes in the currency rate-of-exchange
- All travel offers are governed by specific terms and conditions of sale, which include advance purchase restrictions, minimum stay requirements, block-out travel periods and peak season surcharges
- Booking, change and cancellation conditions apply
- All advertised prices are on a per person sharing basis unless otherwise specified
- Standard terms and conditions apply
- Prices advertised are correct at time of publishing and subject to increase or decrease should the currency fluctuate or tarriffs alter
- Extra nights may be required at passenger expense due to flight schedules
- Travel insurance is not included in the advertised price but is strongly recommended
- All advertised prices for the travel offers vary by date, departure city, and availability.