Welcome to Italy – Rome – Sorrento – Naples – Pompeii – Florence
#TAG Holiday Package ID #TVitaly
7 Nights from
R28 725 per person sharing
Day 01. Arrival
Arrival at Rome airport and private transfer to the hotel. Accommodation in your room. In the afternoon free time at leisure. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 02. Rome – Vatican City
After breakfast, departure to visit the Vatican city. Guided excursion to visit Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica without queue. Upon arrival your guide will lead you into the museums where you’ll visit one of the most important art collection of the world. Admire the beautiful spiral stairway the gallery of tapestries and geographical maps, before arriving at the famous Sistine Chapel and the unforgettable Basilica! Afternoon, free time at leisure. Overnight at hotel.
Day 03. Archaeological Rome
Breakfast at hotel. Morning at disposal for personal visits. In the afternoon departure from hotel to the Archaeological Area, to have a complete guided tour of the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill. Access the Palatine hill with no line and discover the hill where Rome was founded at the beginning. Then reach the Colosseum and be amazed by this monument that is the symbol of Rome in the world. The Amphitheatre created to entertain ancient Roman citizens with bloody shows of gladiators, animals and cruel games, is now one of the most fascinating landmark of the City. Then, walk on the original path of ancient Rome along the Via Sacra and see the Temples of Vesta, Antonino and Faustina, the ancient Basilica Julia and Aemilia and dream about the glorious past of the Roman Empire. Overnight at hotel.
Day 04. Sorrento
After breakfast, private transfer to Rome railway station and transfer by train (2nd class ticket, high speed) to Sorrento. Upon arrival, private transfer to Sorrento. Accommodation in hotel. Free time at leisure for personal visits or for a shopping tour. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 05. Sorrento – Naples – Pompeii
After breakfast, pick-up at the hotel, station or harbour in Sorrento at 7:15 am and departure to Naples, sightseeing of about 2 hours with a small group; tour led by a professional guide and operated with little minibuses. Stops at the Cathedral to visit its treasure Chapel with a charming baroque style and S.Restituta basilica, the first paleochristian church which dates back to IVth century A.D. Drive to Plebiscite Square to see the front of the Royal Palace and the beautiful church of St. Francesco di Paola in its neoclassic style. Drive to the town Hall Square where’s the New Castle built by French family of Anjou and end at Posillipo on a terrace to get the best view of the city on Naples.
Go on with transfer to Pompeii to explore one of the most fascinating places of Naples environs under the narration of a professional guide. In roman time Pompei was a rich and populated town, full of private and public buildings. On a summer’s day in 79 A.D, the entire town and around 20.000 of its inhabitants were buried under tons of ash and pumice because of a violent explosion of Mt Vesuvius. A shower of very fine ash was deposited everywhere to a depth of more than six meters, enveloping everything and adhering to the forms of the bodies and of their clothes. Almost 2.000 years later, you have the opportunity to discover the everyday life of the Imperial Age and imagine the panic of the people before the city was so disastrously buried. In two walking tour, your guide will show you fascinating places such as The Forum, Thermal Baths, Lupanare and Vetti’s House with it’s beautiful frescos.
This is a trip not to be missed for any visitor to this region of Italy. After the visit, free time for 10/15 minutes for shopping. Departure to Sorrento and return to the hotel at around 2:30 pm. Overnight at hotel.
Day 06. Sorrento – Florence
After breakfast, private transfer from the hotel in Sorrento to Naples railway station and transfer by train (2nd class ticket, high speed) to Florence. Upon arrival, private transfer to the hotel and accommodation in your room. Free time at leisure for personal visits or for a shopping tour. Overnight at hotel.
Day 07. Florence
Breakfast at the hotel and morning free at leisure. In the afternoon enjoy a Florence guided city tour, to discover this incredible city. Crossing the beautiful and green hills of Florence we reach the picturesque Etruscan-Roman village of Fiesole that towers above Florence and the Arno Valley. Heading back to the city by bus, we will ride through the famous Lungarno (way along the Arno River) we will reach the Basilica di Santa Croce. Our walking tour will continue to Piazza Signoria, heart of the city social life. Here we will admire the architecture of Palazzo Vecchio and the famous statues of Loggia de’ Lanzi. Our Guide will finish the tour inside the Uffizi Gallery, where we will admire without queuing the impressive and magnificent paintings of Leonardo, Giotto, Michelangelo, Botticelli and Raffaello. Overnight at hotel.
Day 08. Florence & Back Home
After breakfast, private transfer from the hotel to Florence airport. Arrivederci!
02-Jan to 28-Jul-2019
Included in the price:
- Return airfare and taxes ex Johannesburg.
- 7 Nights in 3* accommodation.
- Daily breakfast.
- Private transfers.
- Guided Tours to:
- Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel, St Peter’s Basilica, Colosseum and archeaological site, with no line entrance.
- 2nd Class ticket for high speed train.
- City tours in Naples, Pompeii and Florence with guide.
- Entrance tickets to Uffizi Gallery.
Peak season surcharges and block out dates may apply. Prices are per person sharing, unless otherwise specified. All prices are indicative and correct at time of loading onto the Hashtag website and are subject to change due to currency fluctuations, rate increases, airfare increases and availability. Standard terms and conditions apply.
- All travel offers are capacity controlled and are thus subject to availability at the time of reservation
- Prices advertised exclude all services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Prices advertised exclude any meals, drinks, tips, surcharges, levies and other costs not mentioned in the inclusions
- Self-drive rates exclude flights and car hire
- Passport & visa costs (if applicable) & items of a personal nature are also not included in the advertised price, unless otherwise stated
- Prices advertised are subject to change without prior notice due to airfare increases and changes in the currency rate-of-exchange
- All travel offers are governed by specific terms and conditions of sale, which include advance purchase restrictions, minimum stay requirements, block-out travel periods and peak season surcharges
- Booking, change and cancellation conditions apply
- All advertised prices are on a per person sharing basis unless otherwise specified
- Standard terms and conditions apply
- Prices advertised are correct at time of publishing and subject to increase or decrease should the currency fluctuate or tarriffs alter
- Extra nights may be required at passenger expense due to flight schedules
- Travel insurance is not included in the advertised price but is strongly recommended
- All advertised prices for the travel offers vary by date, departure city, and availability.