Welcome to Veligandu Island Resort | 5 *
#TAG Holiday Package ID #PK23426
Maldives | Maldives
7 Nights from
R43400 per person sharing
The perfect option for the no news no shoes holiday. We offer the best of our most valuable asset – nature, in all its abundance. This is the perfect picture of the tropical island haven – the image that almost always comes to mind. A small, almost circular island, about a quarter of a kilometer in diameter, the island is covered with lush vegetation and crowned by tall coconut palms. No wonder the atmosphere here is cozy and intimate. Right round the island the beach is of the finest white sand one can imagine. Lying on the beach listening to the tiny waves of the shallow blue lagoon gently caressing the sands, accompanied with the pleasant music created by the rustle of the palms, one can simply blend in with nature.
Your holiday at Veligandu may be one of relaxation mixed with fun and activity. The choice is yours. Veligandu offers a variety of non-motorized water sports, a selection of land sports, in addition to the several dive courses, snorkeling and fishing and sightseeing excursions.
A variety of excursions are on offer at Veligandu. These offer you the chance to venture out for a change of scenery. There are several resorts that can be visited, or you can catch a glimpse of the daily life of Maldivians in one of the fishing villages. For those who wish to test their skills at fishing a variety of fishing expeditions are organized. Excursions are organized on a weekly or twice-weekly basis. However these are subject to weather conditions and a minimum level of participation by the guests.
From the ultimate pampering experience for couples to soothing treatments for sun lovers, and healing remedies for sufferers of modern day stress, Serena Spa has a therapy perfect for you. Our exotic menu of Massages, Body Works, Facials and Salon Treatments features rejuvenation therapies.
Veligandu is situated in Rasdhoo Atoll in North Ari Atoll, some 50 kms from Maleâ International Airport. A short scenic flight of 20 minutes that will carry you over some of the beautiful Maldivian islands and reefs, will take you to the landing platform right at the edge of the famous sand bank at Veligandu.
The resort offers four choices of accommodation: secluded Deluxe Water villas, Water Villas, Deluxe Beach Bungalows and Beach Bungalows. Although different in size, design and the location, all rooms offer comfortable accommodation and are air-conditioned with ceiling fan, and equipped with IDD telephone, mini-bar and en suite bathroom with hot and cold water, showers and shaver points. Deluxe Beach bungalows and Beach Bungalows are furnished with a third bed, making it especially convenient for a family with a child to accommodate.<BR><BR>
The Beach Bungalows are located facing the beach – in fact they are no more than a few metres away from it. The individual bungalows are tastefully designed and furnished. All Beach Bungalows offer an excellent view of the lagoon and the ocean beyond. Even inside, the glass doors afford an excellent view of the sea. The floor of the verandah outside the room is of fine white sand and comfortable white deck chairs afford a place to lie back and watch the ocean. The floors are tiled, and the tropical prints and colours of the drapery accent the white ceilings and walls. A choice of lighting enables you to choose how bright or soft you want the ambience to be. The rooms are furnished with bed, closet, dressing table and mirror and a writing table and chair. All beach bungalows have a third bed, but here you may choose a twin room or a double room when you make your reservation. The bathrooms are spacious and are partially open air with shower, WC and washbasin.
The deluxe Beach Bungalows offer spacious accommodation. Accessible from the land, but the semi-circular sundeck to the front juts out onto the shallow lagoon. These sundecks are furnished with comfortable sun loungers and offer total privacy – no one to overlook you – while you sunbathe or spend an afternoon reading. The view is of a clear peaceful turquoise lagoon that gives way to the dark blue ocean that merges with the sky at the horizon. Step from the sundeck into the clear blue waters of the lagoon. The scene is of perfect tranquility.
The room is conveniently furnished with comfortable rattan chairs and a glass top coffee table. All rooms have double beds and a third bed. The rattan furniture is elegant and comfortable, and includes a wardrobe, a writing desk and dressing table with mirror. A well-stocked mini bar and Tea | Coffee making facilities adds to your convenience. The fully fitted bathroom is partly open air in true Maldivian tradition, with bathtub, shower and washbasin.
Walk under the continuous arch formed by the trees on either side of the main walkway, right to the northern end of the island. A long wooden jetty leads you to these exclusive rooms, secluded from the rest of the island. Each room an individual bungalow, is as beautiful inside as they are from the outside. Step inside the bungalow from the jetty, into the living area, furnished with closet, a set of drawers for your belongings, coffee making facilities and a mini safe. Step into the lavishly furnished bedroom, with pine interiors, furnished with a comfortable queen sized bed, with glass-topped round bedside tables, writing table with chair and a seating area with comfortable cushioned seating, and glass-topped coffee table. The tiffany style lampshades add to the ambience inside. Full glass doors open out to a private terrace, furnished with cushioned sun loungers, and a wooden table with chairs. Steps from the terrace lead down on to a private sundeck. Feel like a swim? Step down into the lagoon from the sundeck. The fully fitted, spacious en suite bathroom is equipped with WC, bidet, bathtub, a separate shower, and hair dryer. Shutters on the full glass window, next to the bathtub opens out to a magnificent view of the sea.
Children information available on request.
Included in the price:
- Return flights to Maldives on Qatar Airways
- Return resort transfers by seaplane
- 7 nights accommodation in a Water Villa
- Breakfast; lunch and dinner daily
- All taxes; levies and surcharges (estimate)
- All travel offers are capacity controlled and are thus subject to availability at the time of reservation
- Prices advertised exclude all services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Prices advertised exclude any meals, drinks, tips, surcharges, levies and other costs not mentioned in the inclusions
- Self-drive rates exclude flights and car hire
- Passport & visa costs (if applicable) & items of a personal nature are also not included in the advertised price, unless otherwise stated
- Prices advertised are subject to change without prior notice due to airfare increases and changes in the currency rate-of-exchange
- All travel offers are governed by specific terms and conditions of sale, which include advance purchase restrictions, minimum stay requirements, block-out travel periods and peak season surcharges
- Booking, change and cancellation conditions apply
- All advertised prices are on a per person sharing basis unless otherwise specified
- Standard terms and conditions apply
- Prices advertised are correct at time of publishing and subject to increase or decrease should the currency fluctuate or tarriffs alter
- Extra nights may be required at passenger expense due to flight schedules
- Travel insurance is not included in the advertised price but is strongly recommended
- All advertised prices for the travel offers vary by date, departure city, and availability.